Cool, Fruity White Sangria
Recipe Type: Drinks
A refreshing punch in warm weather, white sangria has become a popular alternative in the past few years to the traditional red sangria. Virtually any fruit can be cut up and used in this sangria, so use what you like.
- 1 cup green seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 bottles sweeter white wine (Reisling,Gruner Vetliner, some Pinto Grigios, Moscato, etc)
- 2 nectarines or 2 firm mangos chopped
- 2 oranges, cut into medium slices
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 lime, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup triple sec or cointreau (or fruity/citrus liqueur of choice)
- 1/4 cup peeled, thinly sliced fresh ginger(optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together, mashing the fruit along the sides.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, so that all of the flavors can combine.
- Serve over ice and garnish with mint or basil leaves, if desired.